- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Tuesday will be a repeat of Monday: Clear skies, calm in the morning and moderate breezes in the late afternoon. High’s in the low 70’s.
— Wednesday will be noticeably warmer with highs in the mid to upper 70’s. Remaining sunny and dry with light to moderate breezes.
— Extended outlook:
- Thursday and Friday will feel summer-like with high temperatures in the mid-80’s deg F. Saturday will be in the upper 70’s, before cooling down some more on Sunday.
- Stronger winds return by the end of the week, possibly Friday and certainly by Saturday and Sunday.
- Slight chance of showers Friday and Saturday; better chance of showers on Sunday.