- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A weekend more like early September coming up
Friday – Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Generally light winds. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Grand Teton will see light smoke Friday morning. Smoke will decrease Friday afternoon, but light smoke returns on Saturday.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and a bit warmer. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Monday – Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70’s.
Wednesday: Increasing cloudiness with chance of afternoon rainshowers. Cooler, with highs around 60 deg.
Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60’s.