Middle of April? Or middle of November?
Extended outlooks are more general in nature than the daily short term forecasts. Beyond a week, there is often significant uncertainty in the location and intensity of specific weather events. I will note where there is less, or greater, confidence than normal in these extended outlooks.
Don’t miss a forecast update! Sign up to get the latest forecasts and outlooks delivered to your inbox daily!
- For much of the Country, a very stormy and cold weather week ahead.
- The Northern Plains may see a historical blizzard Tuesday through Thursday morning with 1-2 feet of snow and high winds.
- Significant severe weather outbreak probable across the Southern Plains, Lower Mississippi, and Mid-Missouri Valleys
- Unsettled and cold weather for northern California and the Pacific Northwest. Snow levels between 1500 – 4000 feet.
- High wind episodes across the Southwest (Tuesday), Western Plains (Wednesday), Northern Plains and Upper Midwest (Thursday – Friday) and New England (Sunday).
Significant weather to watch out for:
— Heavy snow for MT, ND, western SD, WY, CO Rockies
— Up to 1-2 feet of snow for much of ND by Wednesday night
— Snow for OR Cascades
— Strong winds with gusts 45-60 mph across the Four-Corner States, OK, KS.
— Severe weather probable in an area between Des Moines IL and Dallas TX
— Heavy snow continues over ND
— Snow also for parts of OR, ID, WY, MT and CO
— Heavy rain and thunderstorms across the Mississippi Valley from LA northwards to MN.
— Severe weather likely over AR and MO, northern LA, MS and western TN. Some strong tornadoes expected.
— Wind gusts 45-55 mph across the Dakotas, CO and NM Rockies and eastward to the TX Panhandle.
— Snow continues for ND and moves into northern MN.
— Rain and snow for WA, OR, northern CA and ID.
— Frontal system with rain, thunderstorms, and possibly some severe weather pushes eastward through the East Coast and out into the Atlantic.
— Expect wind gusts 35-55 mph across much of SD, MN, WI and MI.
— Another storm for OR and northern CA. Snow for the northern CA Sierra Nevada, ID and western MT.
— Rain and thunderstorms for the central Gulf Coast States.
— Strong winds gusting 30-45 mph across the Upper Midwest, MI, western PA and western NY.
— Snow for the northern and western High Plains.
— Nor’easter brings heavy rains to New England. Maybe some wet snow to the higher elevations of northern New England.
— Thunderstorms and a chance of severe weather in IA and MO.
— Strong winds for the CA Sierra Nevada, Great Basin, WY, and CO.
— Snow in the Northern Plains.
— Rain in much of the Mississippi Valley, spreading east into the Ohio Valley.
— Nor’easter exits New England, but not before bringing heavy rain, high elevation snow and high winds.
— Strong winds over the Central Plains.