- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Sunny and dry Saturday. Sunny with only a slight (10-15%) chance of light late-afternoon showers on Sunday.
— Less wind than we experienced Friday. Light breezes; good conditions for kayaks and canoes on the three lakes.
— Seasonable temperatures. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s. Lows in the low to mid 30’s.
— Extended outlook: Dry and warmer. Next Wednesday through Saturday (2-5 June) will feel summer-like with high temperatures 75-80 deg F.