- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Much breezier Thursday – but still very warm.
Wednesday : Mostly sunny and very warm with the chance for an isolated light afternoon shower. Most of the showers will stay north of the Park. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s. Light to moderate winds except near thunderstorms.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm with isolated afternoon showers. Most of the showers will be to the south of the Park. Much breezier than in the past couple of weeks. Gusts could reach 30-35 mph over the lakes. Winds will blow from the southwest and west. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny and pleasant, with scattered afternoon showers: Highs in the lower 80’s.
Saturday – Monday: Mostly sunny and hot: Highs 85-90 deg.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for the month of July.