- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Wednesday: Remaining mostly sunny and dry. High temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s. Still breezy in the afternoon with gusts 22-26 mph.
Thursday: Increasing cloudiness and cooler with an isolated light showe possible in the late afternoon and evening. Highs in the low to mid 60’s. Winds may gust 30-35 mph for a brief time in the afternoon. Significantly stronger winds north, east, and south of the Park with gusts 40-50 mph.
— Extended outlook:
Friday: Clearing, highs in the mid 60’s.
The heat returns next weekend and into the following week. Highs Sunday through next Wednesday in the mid to upper-80’s. Above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation likely into the latter half of June.
** No animated graphics available today due to severe internet connectivity limits in Gros Ventre currently **