- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Warm this week — p.m. showers keep us from reaching the 90’s
Wednesday: Mostly sunny in the morning. Variable cloudiness in the afternoon with a slight chance of a brief rain shower. Highs in the mid-80’s. Light winds.
Thursday – Mostly sunny in the morning. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon. Warm — highs in the mid 80’s. Good chance of afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms. Light winds, except gusts to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Friday through Monday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs remaining in the mid 80’s. Good chance of daily afternoon and early evening showers or thunderstorms.