- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Dry on Tuesday, a couple of showers possible Wednesday.
Tuesday : Mostly sunny and warm. Light winds. Highs in the mid-80’s. Light winds with afternoon gusts 10-15 mph.
Wednesday : Mostly sunny and very warm with widely scattered afternoon showers and maybe a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s. Light winds except near thunderstorms.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm with isolated afternoon showers. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny and pleasant: Highs in the lower 80’s.
Saturday – Monday: Mostly sunny and very warm: Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for the month of July.