- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
Click here for the latest smoke forecasts and animations
Smoke, heat, and a couple of showers.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness and continued very warm. Chance for light showers in the morning and isolated showers or thunderstorms in the afternoon. Quite breezy in the afternoon, with winds and gusts from the west at 22-26 mph. Highs in the upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Fires in Oregon, Idaho and Washington are producing wildfire smoke over the Tetons and much of the west. For Tuesday and Wednesday, smoke will be relatively light in the morning hours, but thicken and decrease visibility by midday and afternoon. Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny but slightly cooler. Not as breezy with afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the low to mid 80’s.
Thursday – Saturday: Mostly sunny and continued warm. Chance for afternoon showers on Thursday. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Sunday – Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs in the upper 80’s to near 90.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for at least the month of July.