- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Tuesday: 50/50 chance of brief rain showers from early afternoon onwards. Otherwise partly sunny with highs in the mid 70’s. Breezy in the afternoon. Wind gusts 20-25 mph.
Wednesday: Remaining mostly sunny and dry. High temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s. Still breezy in the afternoon with gusts 22-26 mph.
— Extended outlook:
Thursday: Increasing cloudiness and cooler with some showers or thunderstorms possible. Highs around 60.
Friday: Some morning showers possible, highs near 70 deg.
The heat returns next weekend and into the following week. Highs by next Sunday (13 June) in the mid-80’s. Above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation likely into the latter half of June.