- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Warm this week — then late week p.m. showers
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low to mid 80’s. Light winds. Afternoon gusts 10-15 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid-80’s. Light winds.
Thursday – through the 4th of July weekend: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid 80’s each day. Slight chance of afternoon showers Thursday and Friday. Higher chances of afternoon showers and thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday.