- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
A few showers the latter part of this week.
Tuesday: Sunny and warm. Highs in the mid 80’s. Light to moderate breezes, gusting 14-18 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80’s. Chance of an isolated light shower late in the afternoon. Moderate afternoon breezes gusting 18-22 mph.
Thursday and Friday: Variable cloudiness. Pretty good chance of afternoon and evening showers and maybe a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Saturday and Sunday: Mostly sunny and warmer. High in the low 80’s on Saturday and mid-80’s Sunday.
Outlook for the following week: Hot and dry starting Monday, with high temperatures 88-92 deg F.