- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
A very warm start to the week…
Tuesday: Continued sunny and hot by afternoon. Strong afternoon breezes, with gusts 30-35 mph. Temperatures again 85-90 deg. As a comparison, eastern Montana will see high temperatures 104-108 deg F on Tuesday.
Wednesday: Sunny and not quite as warm or windy. Highs in the low to mid 80’s and afternoon gusts 18-22 mph.
Thursday – Saturday: Continued dry and warmer than normal with highs in the low to mid 80’s.
A possible break in the weather Sunday and Monday with a chance of isolated showers Sunday afternoon and more seasonable temperatures. High’s in the upper 70’s and lower 80’s.