- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
Strong gusts and high fire danger Thursday afternoon and Friday
Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Showers will be to the south of the Park. Much breezier than in the past couple of weeks. Gusts could reach 30 mph over the lakes. Winds will blow from the southwest and west. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s. High fire danger in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly sunny. Strong wind gusts in the afternoon; gusts could reach 30-35 mph. Winds at and above 10,000 feet could gust 35-50 mph. Highs in the mid 80’s. High fire danger throughout the day.
Saturday – Wednesday: Mostly sunny and hot: Little change from day to day. Highs 85-90 deg.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for at least the month of July.