- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Showers and a few thunderstorms likely Thursday & Friday
Thursday: Variable cloudiness. Afternoon and evening showers likely; a thunderstorm is possible. Highs in the mid 70’s. Wind gusts 12-16 mph except higher near thunderstorms. Heavier rains to the south and east of the Park.
Friday: Variable cloudiness with morning valley fog. Shower and thunderstorms likely after 11 a.m.. Highs in the mid 70’s. Winds generally light expect gusts to 40 mph near thunderstorms.
Saturday and Sunday: Mostly sunny and warmer. High in the low 80’s on Saturday and mid-80’s Sunday.
Outlook for the following week: Very warm and dry starting Monday, with high temperatures 85-90 deg F.