- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
** Updated 05:30 Thursday morning **
Thursday: Increasing cloudiness and cooler with a scattered showers from mid-afternoon through midnight. Some showers may mix with snow after 9 pm. Highs in the low to mid 60’s, but temperatures falling into the low 50’s by early evening. Becoming windy. Winds may gust 30-40 mph mid-afternoon through this evening. Significantly stronger winds north, east, and south of the Park with gusts 45-60 mph. Expect wind gusts 35-50 mph on the high elevations of the Tetons 6 pm through midnight.
Thursday night will be the coldest night in a while with temperatures in the valley around freezing. Chance of a snow shower or two in the mountains.
Friday: Clearing, not as windy. Highs in the mid 60’s.
— Extended outlook:
— Saturday: Mostly sunny. Light to moderate breezes. Highs in the mid-70’s
The heat returns next weekend and into the following week. Highs Sunday through next Wednesday 85-90 deg F. Above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation likely into the latter half of June.