- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Showers & thunderstorms this afternoon; scattered showers Friday afternoon
Thursday: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming mostly cloudy after lunchtime. Warm — highs in the lower 80’s. Numerous afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms likely. Thunderstorms most intense on the eastern side of the Tetons. Light winds, except gusts to 35 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Friday: Mostly sunny in the morning and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80’s. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Showers and thunderstorms heaviest on the western side of the Tetons. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Saturday through Monday: Sunny mornings and variable cloudiness in the afternoons. Highs in the mid 80’s. Good chance of daily afternoon and early evening showers or thunderstorms.
Tuesday through Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs remaining in the mid 80’s.