- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
Hot & Smoky
Sunday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs around 90 deg. Wind gusts 10-15 mph in the afternoon. Some afternoon rain showers for Yellowstone, but any rain stays north of GTNP.
Smoke forecast: Fires in Oregon, Idaho and Nevada are producing wildfire smoke over the Tetons and much of the west. Heavy smoke most of today, although smoke will decrease in intensity towards evening. Moderate smoke in the air on Monday Click here for the latest smoke forecasts and animations.
Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs around 90 deg. Light to moderate westerly winds in the afternoon with gusts 12-16 mph.
Tuesday – Friday: Mostly sunny and continued very warm. Chance for afternoon showers both Tuesday and Thursday. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for at least the month of July.