- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Sunday: Sunny, dry and noticeably cooler. Highs in the low 70’s. Gusty winds in the afternoon, up to 25-30 mph.
— Monday: Sunny, dry and warmer. Highs in the mid 70’s. Breezy in the afternoon with wind gusts 22-26 mph.
— Extended outlook:
- Tuesday – Wednesday: Remaining mostly sunny and dry. High temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s. Still breezy in the afternoon with gusts 22-26 mph. Slight chance of showers or a thunderstorm Tuesday afternoon.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy and cooler with some showers possible. High in the mid-60’s.