- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Widely scattered afternoon showers today; more numerous showers and thunderstorms Monday
Sunday : Mostly sunny in the morning and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Very warm; highs in the mid to upper 80’s. Widely scattered showers and thunderstorms in the late afternoon and early evening. Light winds, except gusts to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Monday: Mostly cloudy and cooler. High’s near 80 deg. Good chance of showers and thunderstorms, especially early morning and again in the afternoon . Some thunderstorms may be strong. Light winds, expect gusts 30-40 mph near thunderstorms.
Tuesday through Saturday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Expect only the occasional isolated afternoon shower. Highs 85-90 deg.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for the month of July.