- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Continued sunny, dry and light to moderate breezes. A very slight (5-10%) chance of light late-afternoon showers both days.
— Continued light to moderate breezes and good conditions for kayaks and canoes on the three lakes for the next several days.
— High’s near 70. Lows in the mid 30’s.
— Extended outlook: Dry and warmer. Next Wednesday through Friday (2-5 June) will feel summer-like with high temperatures in the low to mid-80’s deg F. Stronger winds return by the end of the week.