- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Pleasant Sunday; then very warm by mid-week
Sunday: Mostly sunny in the morning with a few afternoon clouds. Showers will stay to the east of the Park. High temperatures in the upper 70’s. Moderate afternoon breezes with gusts from the north-northeast at 20-25 mph. Chop on Leigh Lake will be greatest near the Portage.
Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80’s. Light winds.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid-80’s.
Wednesday – through the 4th of July weekend: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the upper 80’s each day. Slight chance of afternoon showers Thursday and Friday. Higher chances of afternoon showers and thunderstorms Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
No graphics today due to bandwidth / connectivity limitations.