- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
The heat returns…
Sunday: Sunny. Light winds, a few gusts 15-20 mph in the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Monday: A repeat of Sunday.
Tuesday – Wednesday. Continued dry and very warm with highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Thursday – Sunday (20 June). Not quite as hot. Highs in the low to mid 80’s. Chance of showers Saturday afternoon and evening.