- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Saturday: Mostly sunny and still very warm. High temperatures around 80 deg F. Strong, gusty winds in the afternoon. Some gusts will reach 30-35 mph. Leigh Lake will likely have a considerable chop making for challenging afternoon conditions for canoes, kayaks and SUP’s. Cold lake temperatures will be a hazard for anyone whose canoe or kayak swamps. Slight (10-20%) chance of rainshowers, but most will stay to the south and east of the Park.
— Sunday: Sunny, dry and noticeably cooler. Highs in the low 70’s. Gusty winds again in the afternoon, up to 23-28 mph.
— Extended outlook: Remaining mostly sunny and dry. High temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s the first part next week. Typical afternoon breezes with gusts up to 20 mph.
— Expect generally above average temperatures and drier than normal conditions through the first half of June.