- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Widely scattered showers & thunderstorms Saturday afternoon; showers will be more frequent Sunday and especially Monday
Saturday: Sunny in the morning and mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80’s. Widely scattered afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Sunday : Variable cloudiness. Highs in the mid 80’s. Slight chance of a morning shower, then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and early evening. Winds gusting 12-16 mph in the afternoon, except higher gusts in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Monday: Sunny mornings and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80’s. Good chance of afternoon and early evening showers or thunderstorms.
Tuesday through Friday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Expect only the occasional isolated afternoon shower. Highs 85-90 deg.