- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Pleasant weekend; then warm-up next week
Saturday: Mostly sunny in the morning and partly in the afternoon. Slight chance of a brief afternoon light shower. Winds will increase from the north in the afternoon and gusting to 22-26 mph. The chop will build towards the southern portion of Leigh Lake and create a headwind and head-seas for anyone paddling to the east-short backcountry camp sites. More numerous showers on Saturday to the east of the Park. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny in the morning with a few afternoon clouds. Showers should stay to the east of the Park. High temperatures near 80 deg. Moderate afternoon breezes.
Monday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a gradual warming trend. Highs on Monday and Tuesday in the lower and mid-80’s, respectively.
Wednesday – through the 4th of July weekend: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs near 90 deg F each day. Chance of afternoon showers next weekend.
No graphics today due to bandwidth / connectivity limitations.