- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
A (very) brief cool-down on Sunday
Saturday: Sunny and dry. Highs in the lower 80’s. Moderate to strong afternoon breezes. Winds could gust to 25-30 mph. May build a significant chop in the afternoon on Leigh Lake.
Sunday: Variable cloudiness with a chance of isolated showers in the afternoon. Not as hot. Highs in the mid-70’s. Light to moderate breezes, with winds coming from the north by afternoon. Gusts 14-18 mph. Any rain that might fall will be light.
Monday: Becoming sunny and warmer. Highs around 80 deg.
Tuesday: Sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Wednesday through Friday: Highs in the lower 80’s with a slight chance of afternoon showers each day.