- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
The smoke will wax and wane throughout the week.
Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs near 90 deg. Light to moderate westerly winds in the afternoon with gusts 14-18 mph.
Smoke forecast: Fires in Oregon, Idaho and Washington are producing wildfire smoke over the Tetons and much of the west. Moderate smoke concentrations Monday, becoming heavy by mid-afternoon. On Tuesday the heaviest smoke concentrations will be over the northern part of GTNP and also Yellowstone. Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness and continued very warm. Chance for light showers throughout the day. Quite breezy in the afternoon, with winds and gusts from the west at 22-26 mph. Highs in the upper 80’s.
Wednesday – Saturday: Mostly sunny and continued warm. Chance for afternoon showers on Thursday. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for at least the month of July.