- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Morning and afternoon showers & thunderstorms; a warm week ahead.
Monday: Mostly cloudy and cooler. High’s near 80 deg. Good chance of showers and thunderstorms, especially morning and again in the late afternoon and evening. Some thunderstorms may be strong. Light winds, expect gusts 30-40 mph near thunderstorms.
Tuesday : Mostly sunny and warm. Light winds. Highs in the mid-80’s.
Wednesday and Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm with isolated afternoon showers. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny and pleasant: Highs in the lower 80’s.
Saturday – Sunday: Mostly sunny and very warm: Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for the month of July.