- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Warm up begins today — but a wetter pattern on the horizon
Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs around 80 deg. Light to moderate breezes. Afternoon gusts 12-16 mph
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low 80’s. Light winds. Afternoon gusts 10-15 mph.
Wednesday – through the 4th of July weekend: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid 80’s each day. Slight chance of afternoon showers Thursday and Friday. Higher chances of afternoon showers and thunderstorms Saturday, Sunday and Monday.