- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Mostly 80’s and mostly dry this coming week
Monday: Becoming sunny and a bit warmer. Highs around 80 deg. Light to moderate breezes. Afternoon gusts 12-16 mph.
Tuesday: Sunny and warm. Highs in the mid 80’s. Light to moderate breezes.
Wednesday through Saturday: Highs in the lower 80’s with a chance of afternoon showers Thursday and Friday.
Outlook for the following week: Very warm and dry starting Sunday, with high temperatures 85-90 deg F.