- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
A very warm start to the week…
Monday: Sunny. Light winds, a few gusts 14-18 mph in the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Tuesday: Continued sunny and very warm. Stronger afternoon breezes, with gusts 24-28 mph. Temperatures again in the mid to upper 80’s.
Wednesday – Saturday: Continued dry and warmer than normal with highs in the low to mid 80’s.
A possible break in the weather Sunday and Monday (20-21 June) with a chance of showers and more seasonable temperatures.