- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
Strong gusts midday Friday; lighter winds and hotter temperatures this weekend
Friday: Mostly sunny. Strong wind gusts around midday; gusts could reach 30 mph. Winds at and above 10,000 feet could gust 35-45 mph. Wind gusts slowly decreasing through the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80’s. High fire danger throughout the day.
Saturday: Mostly sunny and very warm: Much lighter winds than Friday. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Fires in Oregon, Idaho and Nevada are producing noticeable smoke over the Tetons. Smoke will increase Friday midday, and wax and wane Friday night into Saturday. Click here for the latest smoke forecasts and animations
Sunday – Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs around 90 deg.
Tuesday – Friday: Mostly sunny and continued very warm. There will be a couple of chances for afternoon showers next week. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation for at least the month of July.