- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Coulter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
— Friday will likely be the hottest day of this mini-heat wave. Temperatures in the mid to upper 80’s. Slight chance of afternoon and evening showers, although most of the showers will stay well to our north in Yellowstone. Noticeably breezier Friday afternoon with some gusts 20-25 mph.
— Saturday: Strong, gusty winds in the afternoon. Some gusts will reach 30-35 mph. Leigh Lake will likely have a considerable chop making for challenging afternoon conditions for canoes, kayaks and SUP’s. Cold lake temperatures will be a hazard for anyone whose canoe or kayak swamps. Any rain showers should stay well to the east of the Park.
— Extended outlook: Somewhat cooler Sunday, then temperatures rise to the mid-to-upper 70’s for the upcoming week. Continued dry.
— Breezy afternoon conditions both Sunday and Monday, with gusts reaching 20-25 mph.
— Expect generally above average temperatures and drier than normal conditions through the first half of June.