- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Showers & Thunderstorms on Friday and another chance of showers Saturday
Friday: Variable cloudiness with morning valley fog, becoming mostly cloudy by noon. Shower and thunderstorms likely after 11 a.m.. Highs in the low to mid 70’s. Winds generally light expect gusts to 30 mph near thunderstorms. The showers will move from northwest to southeast.
Saturday: Mostly sunny in the morning and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Chance of afternoon showers. Winds will increase from the north in the afternoon and gusting to 25-30 mph. The chop will build towards the southern portion of Leigh Lake and create a headwind and head-seas for anyone paddling to the east-short backcountry camp sites. More numerous showers on Saturday to the east of the Park. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Sunday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a gradual warming trend. Highs on Sunday Monday and Tuesday in the upper 70s, lower 80’s and mid-80’s respectively.
Wednesday – Saturday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the upper 80’s. Chance of afternoon showers towards the end of the week.