- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Scattered showers & thunderstorms Friday and Saturday afternoon
Friday: Mostly sunny in the morning and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Highs in the low to mid 80’s. Scattered afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms. Showers and thunderstorms heaviest on the western side of the Tetons. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Saturday: Sunny in the morning and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80’s. Very similar to Friday, with scattered afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms and light winds except in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Sunday through Monday: Sunny mornings and variable cloudiness in the afternoons. Highs in the mid 80’s Sunday and the lower 80’s Monday. Good chance of daily afternoon and early evening showers or thunderstorms. Showers most numerous on Monday.
Tuesday through Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Expect only isolated afternoon showers. Highs remaining in the mid to upper 80’s.