- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
A break in the heat is in sight (on Sunday…)
Friday: Continued dry and warmer than normal with highs in the mid 80’s. Moderate breezes, gusting 20-25 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Just like Friday except the afternoon gusts will be stronger. 25-30 mph. May build a significant chop on Leigh Lake.
A break in the heat Sunday and Monday with a chance of isolated showers Sunday afternoon and more seasonable temperatures. High’s in the mid to upper 70’s. Strong afternoon breezes on Sunday.
Tuesday – Friday: Warm temperatures in the 80’s but several chances for afternoon or evening showers next week. Rainfall will be light.