- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar and expected wind gusts updated daily.
- Other weather parameters added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
Friday: Clearing by mid-morning, then mostly sunny. Not as windy with afternoon gusts 18-22 mph. Highs in the mid 60’s.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Light to moderate breezes. Highs in the mid-70’s.
— Extended outlook:
The heat returns and stays with us into the following week.
Sunny and very warm Sunday through Saturday (19 June). Highs 85-90 each day.
It appears that Tuesday and Wednesday will be the hottest days.