- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Continued seasonable … and smoky
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Breezy in the afternoon with southwesterly wind gusts 22-28 mph. Warmest day of this week with highs in the upper 70’s.
Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning. Variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Afternoon wind gusts 20-25 mph. Highs in the low 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Wildfire smoke from California continues to drive over the Park on southwesterly winds. Moderate smoke on Wednesday (less than Tuesday), but smoke becomes heavy again on Thursday.
Friday – Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. High temperatures around 70 deg.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. High temperatures in the mid 70’s.
Monday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70’s.