- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Two very warm days ahead…
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Afternoon gusts 18-22 mph. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Smoke, from California, Idaho, Oregon and Montana, will continue over the Park. Expect heavy smoke on Wednesday. On Thursday, the worst of the smoke lifts northward into Montana. Expect the Park will see light to moderate smoke.
Friday: Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon with a slight chance of a late afternoon shower. High temperatures near 80 deg.
Saturday: Variable cloudiness with showers possible throughout the day. Highs in the upper 60’s to near 70 deg.
Sunday: Variable cloudiness. Highs in the low 70’s.
Monday: Partly sunny with afternoon showers possible. Highs in the low 70’s.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny with the slight chance of an afternoon shower. Highs in the low 70’s.