- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Rain and snow stay east of the Park…
Wednesday: Variable cloudiness in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Afternoon wind gusts 10-15 mph. Cooler, with highs in the mid 50’s.
Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny after a hard freeze Thursday morning. Highs in the low 60’s.
Smoke forecast: The Park will see light to occasionally moderate smoke conditions on Wednesday. By Thursday, the wildfire smoke will be no more than a light haze.
Friday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Outlook through mid October: Above average temperatures persist well into Autumn. Chance of some measurable rain the second week of October.