- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Dry and seasonably warm weather continues. Elevated fire danger for the next few days.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 18-24 mph. Highs in the low to mid 70’s.
Thursday: Partly sunny in the morning with variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Quite breezy in the afternoon with winds gusting 25-30 mph. Afternoon showers should stay north of the park, up in Yellowstone. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Enjoy a smoke-free Wednesday. Moderate smoke returns to the Park though on Thursday. There will be more day to day variability in the smoke as weather patterns become more active and, thankfully, the individual fires are somewhat smaller.
Friday – Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 70’s.
Monday: Increasing cloudiness in the morning, with rain developing by afternoon, changing to snow above 9000 feet. in the morning, then becoming cloudy by afternoon. Chance of rain developing late. Much cooler with highs in the mid 50’s. Periods of rain with snow levels falling to 7500-8000 feet overnight.
Tuesday: Valley rains and higher elevation snows in the morning give way to gradual clearing with rain and snow showers in the afternoon. Cold, with highs in the upper 40’s and lower 50’s.