- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Late summer weather continues…
Wednesday: Mostly sunny in the morning; partly cloudy in the afternoon. Lighter winds with afternoon gusts 15-20 mph. Showers and thunderstorms will remain south and east of the Park. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Slight chance of a late afternoon or evening thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70’s. Chance of thunderstorms throughout the night.
Smoke forecast: The smoke, mostly from California, will continue over the Park. While not as heavy as Tuesday’s smoke, there will still be moderate to heavy smoke on Wednesday. Slightly less smoke on Thursday.
Friday: Chance of a morning shower, then clearing throughout the day. Highs around 70 deg.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70’s.
Sunday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70’s to near 80 deg.
Extended outlook through the first half of September: Above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation through the first 10 days. Then turning cooler but likely remaining dry.