- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Tuesday will be the last hot day (for a while).
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a chance of late afternoon or evening showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90 deg. Light winds expect for gusts up to 30 mph in the vicinity of thunderstorms.
Wednesday: Sunny mornings with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Not as hot with highs in the mid-80’s.
Smoke forecast: Significant fires continue to burn in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and northern California. Smoke concentrations on Tuesday will not be as heavy we saw on Monday. On Wednesday, we will see a significant reduction in smoke, and only a light haze in the sky.
Thursday – Friday: Sunny mornings with a good chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Cooler with highs in the low 80’s.
Saturday – Monday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Cooler still with highs in the mid 70’s.