- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Some relief from the heat — at least on Tuesday.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness and noticeably cooler, with the chance for showers and thunderstorms, especially in the afternoon. Heaviest precipitation though will stay to the east of the Park. General light winds except in the vicinity of thunderstorms when winds could gust over 30 mph. Highs in the lower 80’s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and warm, with a chance of isolated showers in the afternoon. Generally light winds. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Heaviest smoke concentrations remain over northwestern NV, eastern OR, northern ID, and western MT. For Grand Teton, there will only be a light haze of smoke on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon we will be virtually free of smoke. However, noticeable smoke returns on Wednesday with a moderate reduction to visibility.
Thursday – Sunday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Chance of showers Thursday afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s each day.
Expect above normal temperatures for the remainder of July and into August. The latter part of July may not be as dry as the first half of the month.