- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Gradual clearing today; more sun and warmer Wednesday
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy this morning with patchy drizzle, becoming mostly sunny by early afternoon. Chance for an isolated afternoon shower. Highs around 80 deg.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Chance of an isolated late-day shower. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Fires continue to burn in CA, WA, ID and British Columbia. Heavy smoke concentrations move into Grand Teton from the North by this afternoon. For tomorrow, expect moderate smoke concentrations with noticeable reductions to visibility all day.
Thursday: Sunny in the morning with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High temperatures in the mid80’s.
Friday – Monday: Mostly sunny, with the chance of an isolated afternoon shower. Highs in the mid 70’s.