- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Some nice days ahead
Tuesday: Sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in the lower-80’s.
Smoke forecast: The heaviest smoke in the west will remain to our south for at least the next couple of days. Smoke may increase to moderate concentrations by Tuesday afternoon and remain that way Tuesday night. However, Wednesday will see very little, if any, smoke in the air.
Thursday – Saturday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny in the morning with a chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the mid-80’s.
Monday: Sunny in the morning, then clouding up with a better chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80 deg.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid-70’s.
The outlook for the rest of August is for generally above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation.