- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Back to summer
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 8-12 mph. Highs in the lower 80’s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Smoke, from California, Idaho, Oregon and Montana, will continue over the Park. Expect mostly heavy smoke through Wednesday, perhaps easing a bit on Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Friday: Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon with a slight chance of a late afternoon shower. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Saturday: Variable cloudiness with showers possible throughout the day. Highs upper 60’s to near 70 deg.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with afternoon showers probable. Highs around 70 deg.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with showers or periods of rain. Highs in the 60’s.