- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Late summer weather continues…
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Windy in the afternoon with gusts 28-34 mph. High temperature around 80 deg.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny in the morning; partly cloudy in the afternoon. Lighter winds with afternoon gusts 15-20 mph. Showers and thunderstorms will remain south and east of the Park. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Unfortunately the upper level winds have shifted and we will return to a smoky pattern as the California fires continue to burn. Heavy smoke on Tuesday and moderate to heavy smoke continues on Wednesday.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Friday: Becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the low 70’s.
Saturday – Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 70’s.
Extended outlook through the first third of September: Temperatures will be near or slightly below the long-term average for this time of year. It will be drier than normal.