- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Transition day Tuesday, then extended period of weather warmer and drier than normal
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Expect a hard freeze by Tuesday morning with lows in the lower 20’s. Light afternoon winds. Highs in the lower 60’s.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny and milder. Afternoon wind gusts 12-18 mph. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Smoke forecast: Grand Teton Park should be free of wildfire smoke Monday and Tuesday.
Thursday – Friday: Partly to mostly sunny and milder. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Saturday – Monday: Partly to mostly sunny and warmer. Highs in the low 70’s.